Community in north Mitchell County on Big Rock Creek between Harrell and Buladean. Knowledgeable Mitchell County residents say they believe this area was the location of the post office for General Wilder’s Cloudland Hotel on Roan Mountain. The Cloudland Post Office, originally called Fork Mountain, then changed to Wilder’s Ferry, was in operation from May of 1889 to May of 1952. John M. Francis was the first postmaster. It was near the location of the North Carolina Hack Road that descended from Fork Mountain Ridge near the present Bad Creek Road and Beans Creek on NC Highway 226. Cloudland Post Office #2 was operated from 1880 to 1907. It served as the actual post office for the Cloudland Hotel. Lumen B. Searle served as the postmaster.