The “Burleson” of “Burleson Hill”

The “Burleson” of “Burleson Hill”

  J.E. Burleson operated this mica house atop Burleson Hill, the location of the current Spruce Pine Town Cemetery. Burleson began opening mica mines in 1894 and ground mica beginning in the 1900s. He was the largest individual mica operator in the region. His...
Three Baptist Preachers

Three Baptist Preachers

Charles Arnold Carpenter was born 7/1/1898 and died 9/26/1980.  He was the son of Henry F. and Dona Willis Carpenter; his wife was Agnes Gunter, and they had 6 children.  Rev. Carpenter was pastor at Beaver Creek and Hall’s Chapel Baptist Churches.  He was...
WP2FB Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com