About The Mitchell County Historical Society
What we do…
Nestled in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina, the Mitchell County Historical Society is proudly located in the Historic Mitchell County Courthouse in Bakersville, North Carolina.
Our mission as a nonpolitical, non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation is to collect, preserve, protect, and publicly display material that is historically significant to Mitchell County. The society also strives to make the citizens of Mitchell County aware of their heritage.
How to be a Member
All are welcome to join the Mitchell County Historical Society. Individual membership is $20.00 per year. Family membership is $25 per year.
General Information & Contact Information
Our office hours (located in the historic courthouse) are Tuesday through Friday from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Museum tours are available during those times or by appointment on other days or special occasions.
- By Phone: Mitchell County Historical Society (828) 688-4371
- Mailing Address: Mitchell County Historical Society, PO Box 651, Bakersville, North Carolina 28705
- Physical Address: Historic Mitchell County Courthouse, Room 101, 11 North Mitchell Avenue, Bakersville, NC 28705
- By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Media: Twitter (@mitnchist) / Facebook